Who doesn’t like a quick, no-bake go-to slice just for those times when you are short on time but want something sweet? For this recipe, you can ditch the oven and let your food processor and fridge do all of the work. For me, a no-bake coconut & jam slice is so refreshing for this time of year. Especially since summer is almost here. In case you didn’t know, in New Zealand summer is about to hit soon, and so a recipe like this no-bake jam & coconut slice is ideal.
This recipe is NO BAKE
QUICK, EASY & DELICIOUS
I am going to go as far to say that this the easiest & most irresistible coconut & jam slice you could whip up at any time.
All you need is a food processor and a small square cake dish. My dish is 20.5 cm which is ideal for this size of the recipe.
For the bottom layer I went with walnuts because I love to change it up from using mostly almonds. Most slice recipes call for almonds but the Serbian in me screams for walnuts to be in the base! We use walnuts in a lot of our cake making so yeah, I couldn’t resist 😄
For the base prepare all of your ingredients by measuring them out and tossing them into the food processor. This includes the walnuts, oats, cocoa powder and melted chocolate. This should stick nicely together and you should get a dough consistency.
Shape the bottom layer it into a cake dish that has already been lined with baking paper. It helps to use a spatula to shape it nicely.
Put it in the fridge while you make the coconut layer.
Clean up your food processor and start off fresh by adding the desiccated coconut, coconut oil, honey & vanilla essence.
Blend it up until its well combined, it wont develop into a dough and that’s okay! Working with desiccated coconut is a little different, but do not worry this will set in the fridge.
Spoon the coconut layer on top of the walnut layer. Use a spatula to press it down. Refrigerate the two layers for 45 minutes.
JAM & FRUIT LAYER
When the base and coconut layer has set, spread 3 heaped tablespoons of jam over on top and top with some fresh fruit.
Adding fresh fruit is such a great addition to this, especially when all of the summer fruits are coming out. If you live in a different part of the world use frozen berries or any fruit which is in season your way!
Lets get started with the ingredients and making of this jam & coconut slice!
- 170 g walnuts
- 170 g oats
- 60 g melted milk chocolate
- 15 g cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 heaped tbsp wild-berry spreadable fruit (or any jam of your choice)
- handful fresh berries
- First, measure out all of your ingredients for the bottom layer (walnuts, oats, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, pinch of sea salt).
- In a food processor, blend the walnuts, oats, cocoa powder, sea salt & melted chocolate. This should turn into a dough consistency.
- Line a square baking dish with baking paper. Place the bottom layer in the baking dish. Use a spatula to help you spread the bottom layer out evenly.
- Place the bottom layer into the fridge while you make the coconut layer.
- Clean your food processor & dry it. When it is clean, add the desiccated coconut, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend until it is as combined as can be. It will not stick like the dough layer and that is okay!
- Place the coconut layer on top of the brown layer. Again, use a spatula to help spread the coconut layer out evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 45 minutes. This will help the coconut layer set.
- After the coconut layer has set, take the dish out of the fridge and spread the jam or spreadable fruit on top
- Decorate with some sliced strawberries or frozen berries. Use any fruit you have available.
Tip – When slicing the coconut & jam slice, it helps to wash your knife with hot water and then wipe it clean to ensure each slice is cut nicely and no left over jam smears up your slice 🙂
I hope this no-bake jam & coconut slice recipe brings some inspiration your way! If you do make this recipe feel free to comment below. You can also tag me over on Instagram.