This easy Chocolate Granola is a simple recipe that has been made with ingredients you are most likely to always have at home. Like with all granola’s, this chocolate granola can be served with you choice of milk, sprinkled over yogurt, or eaten by the handful 😛.
The smell of homemade granola wafting throughout the kitchen is hard to resist. Making granola at home can be fun and you can enjoy it as a delicious breakfast, snack or even as a topping for dessert!
Granola is one of those recipes that is so easy to make. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and you can have it in and out of the oven in 15 minutes. It is also an adaptable recipe, you can add a little extra bit of this or that and you will not ruin the recipe like you would with a cake.
I love a chocolatey granola though, which is why I am sharing with you my Chocolate Granola recipe.
I really enjoy this granola topped with some fruit and with some almond milk. Adding some extra bits makes it more delicious.
I would also suggest that you try this with some yogurt, I have tried it with vanilla bean Greek yogurt and I promise, it tastes great!
Make this recipe your next breakfast meal, a mid day snack or a late night dessert!
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 60 g melted chocolate
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a food processor pulse the mixed nuts until they are broken down to the size you prefer. I pulsed mine in 3 lots of quick pulses.
- Place the mixed nuts in a large bowl, add chia seeds and oats and combine.
- In a separate bowl melt the coconut oil and add to the bowl, combine.
- In another bowl melt the dark chocolate and also add into the bowl, combine.
- Add in the honey and combine everything together.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray and bake for 15 min, at the half way point stir the mixture and continue to bake.
While baking your granola keep and eye out on the oven as your oven may differ in heat. Be sure to give the mixture a stir at the half way point.
You can also give the recipe a taste to make sure you have not over cooked, it should be crunchy & toasted.
Top with shredded coconut and dried fruit for extra crunch and sweetness after baking.
You can store this in an air tight jar for up to two weeks.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below 🙂 I would love to hear if this recipe sent some inspiration your way! You can also feel free to tag me on Instagram with any recipes that you re-create!