I have an on and off relationship with granola, sometimes I love it and sometimes I am just not up for it.
Lately, I am loving it.
This granola recipe that I have worked on, I love!
What has inspired me to make this granola recipe is that in NZ a store purchased granola can cost as much as $18, and I just cant justify paying so much for granola which not only has a ton of unnecessary sugar in it, but you also don’t get the quantity for your dollar.
What makes granola so great is that it is so easy to throw together, takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and you can have it in and out of the oven in 15 minutes. Also, it is such an adaptable recipe, I bet there are thousands of granola recipes out there and this is just how I currently like to make mine 🙂
Also most of us will have the necessary ingredients to make granola at home, you may need to buy an extra item or two but not a whole ingredient list.
I love a chocolatey granola though, which is why today I am going to share with you my Chocolate Granola recipe.
I really enjoy this granola topped with some fruit and with some almond milk, this makes it extra delicious.
I would also suggest that you try this with some yogurt, I have tried it with vanilla bean Greek yogurt and I promise you that it tastes great!
Make this recipe your next breakfast meal, a mid day snack or a late night dessert!
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 60 g melted dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a food processor pulse the mixed nuts until they are broken down to the size you prefer. I pulsed mine in 3 lots of quick pulses.
- Place the mixed nuts in a large bowl, add chia seeds and oats and combine.
- In a separate bowl melt the coconut oil and add to the bowl, combine.
- In another bowl melt the dark chocolate and also add into the bowl, combine.
- Add in the honey and combine everything together.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray and bake for 15 min, at the half way point stir the mixture and continue to bake.
While baking your granola keep and eye out on the oven as your oven may differ in heat. Be sure to give the mixture a stir at the half way point.
You can also give the recipe a taste to make sure you have not over cooked, it should taste toasty and crunchy.
Top with shredded coconut and dried fruit for extra crunch and sweetness.
You can store this in an air tight jar for up to two weeks.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below 🙂 I would love to hear if you have tried this recipe or if it has sent some inspiration your way! You can also feel free to tag me on Instagram with any recipes that you re-create!